9. Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our partners, employees and agents of Kwik Car Hire to administer any accounts, services provided to you by Kwik Car Hire now or in the future unless we have your permission or are required by law.
We may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply services to you. These may include claim processing, delivery, and marketing and payment processing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all your personal data that we hold.
- Solicitors Firm: when a claim is being recommended ahead, to progress a claim and/or where a claim needs to be litigated on
- Local Council: When a penalty charge notice is received to progress a presentation.
- Engineers: to prepare an engineer report to valuate a vehicle damage claim
- Insurance: to progress claims for compensation.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law, as described above in Part 8.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR, as explained above in Part 8.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.